Translate

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Change: When I least expected it and its effects.

A lot has happened. Life is what it's called. Three weeks have passed since one of my sisters lived here. Being the only daughter and girl at home is strange. I don't have a sister to chat with anymore but I do have two brother in-laws and dreams of future nieces and nephews. :) I have a huge future a head of me. I have dreams upon dreams that I want to accomplish and see get finished this coming year. My whole life until now, I would wonder in my mind: "I wonder who so in so is going to marry?" Us kids would always have that conversation around our table after a breakfast or dinner. But there is one thing that we never thought about while we pondered and laughed over our futures. As we giggled over what our nieces and nephews would call us, as we mentioned names we wanted to name our kids, we never thought about the life that would take place after we left the nest. What life would be like when just Josh and I would be the only ones here. Us kids always said "Yea, when Josh and Abi are the only ones here with Mom and Dad, they'll have the whole 3000 sq ft all to themselves!" And then we'd all laugh.
I'm not grieving-although I do want to, although I miss every single day that our whole family was at home, I still love every single one of my siblings, and miss each and every one of my sisters. But one thing I'm looking forward to is the HUGE Christmas parties in the future!!! 
I've come up a bunch of notches in our family responsibilities. I've got a lot more chores and responsibilities than I ever did before and I consider that a joy. I am so excited about life! Even about chores! Before every thing changed, I would get up and think to myself : "Same old thing everyday! I gotta do the dishes, gotta do my school, do this and do that!" I was not happy about anything. That's why I had a hard time with being joyful. Well, now, I have something different to do everyday! I have a whole different life now! My dreams are easier to reach now! (I don't know why, but they are!:-)) I have a whole different look on life and my days, I anticipate. The Lord has seen fit to fit all of this in, so perfectly. His plan, it just keeps getting better. The big puzzle of life fits so beautifully together! Life happens and with it comes God's grace. It's a joy to serve Him and see what next, He has up his sleeve! ;-) 
Until next time, His girl, awaiting His next mission and lesson,
Abigail 

7 comments:

  1. You are growing into such a lovely, Godly young woman Abigail!! I am so proud of you!!! I too miss the 'old days', but am so excited to see what the Lord is doing in each of our lives! See you soon!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melody! I am excited too! It's just so hard for me (in this flesh) not to feel 'sorry' for myself and and pity myself because my older siblings are gone along with those 'good ol' days'! But please be praying for me along with everyone else. We are always learning new things about this life! Love and miss you and can't wait to see too! <3 :)

      Delete
  2. wow Abigail... this just hit with an Amen! I know exactly what you mean... although, I "just" have my best friend + sister living 5 hours away at college. I'm SO at a learning point. And it seems at a very similar place at you... only, I haven't had an easier time with joy. It seems to be harder. My sister made me laugh - at midnight, daytime jokes, you name it, she made me laugh, and be happy about life and myself. I miss her a whole. bunch.
    It's such a learning process being the eldest all of a sudden. it really is.
    Bless you friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a VERY hard time with joy! It is very hard for me! It seems like after the girls left it got a whole lot hard. That's probably a good thing she made you laugh! :) I know I need that about now....:/ I bet you do miss her! I know I miss my sisters a whole lot too. I couldn't imagine being in your spot-being the eldest. I've been the youngest girl all the time and now I'm the only girl! But I'm learning like everyone else! God has put us in these situations for a reason! God bless you too! <3

      Delete
  3. This week I am getting a taste of what you speak of Abigail! Elise, Olivia, Lydia and Sophia have been gone since Sunday to attend the Daughters of Destiny camp in north Carolina. Seeing that Elijah is gone, and now the four girls ( for a short time) the family feels so small. I kind of feel like time moved on and I stood still. It has been quite weird to say the least. Nonetheless, Look on the positive side, with every change comes a chance to learn something more of our great God and Savior. And with each passing day, whether with new and unfamiliar circumstances, or old familiar ones, another opportunity to grow in Him more. Remembering that the goal we seek is not earthly, but that of the glory of God in His heavenly Kingdom!

    Until then...."My heart will go on singing!, Until then with joy Ill carry on......Until the day God calls me home!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! Yes, I heard that they were going! God is working on a lot of His deciples for a reason. He has a very good reason and purpose for us being here-in this day and age. I love learning from Him, though it may be hard or easy. But really it doesn't matter if we 'like' it or if we have to 'suffer' for it because it's not about us, it's about Him and giving our all to serve Him.
      You have great insight, thanks for reminding me of a lot of things. God knows exactly what I need to hear and when!
      "Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;" Titus 2:13

      Delete