Translate

Sunday, May 7, 2017

They Are Fighting For Your SOUL

Hello, all.
Today I do not have a happy subject to share with you all, but a sobering one. Nonetheless, a very important one too.
Today I have experienced arguing, bitterness, hurtful words and angry resentments like never before. And I DO KNOW that the devil is to blame for it. 
Today is Sunday, the devils favorite day to work on. Sunday is a day of rest, but not only that. It involves church and glorifying God, thanking Him and praising His Holy Name. Today we went to our local church and the sermon was amazing. It was about OUR WORDS. He was pointing out how our words can bring things to pass. How God SPOKE EVERYTHING into existence. How Jesus used his WORDS, and rebuked storms and healed the sick, by just SAYING a command. Our words are so important. So important, that Life and Death are in the power of the tongue. And as I sat there in the pew, I planned on being kind and sweet, saying nice things and being positive with every word I said to my siblings and parents today and from now on. In that moment, it seemed very easy to plan to do those things. The thought of doing it, is way easier than actually DOING it. But when it comes to doing it, that is where the rubber meets the road. That is the moment the devil comes in to destroy and put things in your head as well as other peoples heads. 

It seems whenever something good happens, right after that, something horrible happens as well.
After the beautiful morning, after the perfect sermon, after an amazing start to a lovely day, the devil got to work real fast. about 2 hours had passed since we arrived back at our house, and I felt my heart racing, as I listened to the argument that just began. My breath getting heavier as it grew. My attitude getting worse by the minute. We all felt this.  It always begins like this. Even though one is not apart of an argument, doesn't mean they don't feel those same feelings.  And in that moment, I found myself asking God, "Why? It seems like hell on earth! Why do you let things like this happen?" My heart broke as it cried out to God. 

Now, being a disciple of Christ does not mean it's going to be a bed of roses. On the contrary. We all think life is supposed to be just perfect and everyone is so nice and life is just fun! Well, today I found out life is NOT. It's not fun when you get down to the nitty and gritty. When your stuck with your family. Don't get me wrong, I would rather be here than anywhere else in the world and I am so thankful for all that my parents have sacrificed and worked for to keep a roof over my head. God has given each one of us the perfect family that fits perfectly with who and what we are and what we are going to be. But this life is not perfect nor is our family but our family its perfect for us. Work is not fun and life involves a whole bunch of work. Being a christian involves work. Being in a family involves work. Even harder work sometimes. 

I know our family is not the only one with hard days like these. I know I am not alone in feeling defeated if only for a time. And I also know that God IS in CONTROL over and of EVERYTHING and EVERY BEING. And I am so thankful for that! 


I know lately I've been opening up more on this blog and I am NOT sorry for it, because whatever I write on here, God has laid on my heart. Today I really felt pressed upon to write this. 

My message to you all is this: Spiritual warfare is REAL. GOD and the devil are at war along with the angels and demons. They are fighting for your SOUL. They are fighting for your actions and whatever comes out of your mouth, they will act upon. The angels and demons will put things into other peoples mind just because you said something. Your words are dangerous. Either way. Whether it be for Good or Evil. They carry with them, kindness or hatred. And it's your choice what your words will carry with them.
I  not only speaking to you but to myself.  I am NOT perfect, my parents are NOT perfect but God IS and He can work through you and me.

I would much appreciate it, if you, dear reader, would pray for my family and I. Prayer is as important as our words and is very essential in this life. I beg of you to keep us in your prayers as I will do the same.
I pray this blog post has in some small way enlightened or even informed you of maybe just a few things. 
May God be glorified in EVERY ACTION and EVERY WORD that we SPEAK. 
May GOD bless you,
His Forever Girl,
Abigail G.

  • Psalms 34:13-"Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile."
  • Proverbs 18:21 -"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."
  • Psalms 12:3 "The Lord shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaketh proud things:" 
  • Psalms 12:4 "Who have said, With our tongue will we prevail; our lips are our own: who is lord over us?"    


No comments:

Post a Comment